Monday - Friday 09:00 - 18:00
Saturday - Sunday 09:00 - 17:00
You don't need an appointment to choose your tree (see below for quieter shopping times)
Covid Update 2nd December: The Christmas Tree Barn is open as usual. You don't need an appointment to come and choose your tree.
We are offering Click and Collect for anyone who would like us to choose a tree, stand or wreath for them and have it netted and ready to be collected, to minimise the time you will be in the barn. Please note, you will not be able to see your tree unnetted. Find out more
There will be plenty of trees and we never run out, so there is no rush to choose your tree early if this isn’t what you usually do.
There is plenty of free parking on the farm in the clean and tidy yard with easy access to the Christmas Tree Barn.
We will continue to update this page and Facebook with covid updates and suggest that you check online before visiting. You can email in with any questions and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
There will be some changes this year:
- You must wear a face covering over your mouth and nose at all times
- You should use the provided hand sanitiser when you arrive and before you leave
- Unfortunately, there are no customer toilets
- Weekdays are always quieter than the weekends – if you can come during the week we recommend doing this
- The Christmas Decorations Barn will not be open
- Card payment is preferred and we’ll have an additional card machine to reduce queuing
- The trees are displayed on new brackets so you can view them without touching. Please only remove the tree you would like to buy from the bracket or ask a member of staff for assistance
MEETING OTHERS AND VISITING IN GROUPS
There will be a limit to how many people will be allowed in the barn and in particular areas at a time. We know that choosing a tree is a special family tradition, but in order to reduce queues and congestion, we strongly encourage you not to shop in large family groups in consideration for other customers. If you can shop alone, please do.
Tier 2 regulations mean that you are not allowed to meet groups from outside your household, so please do not arrange to meet others at the farm; this puts us in a very difficult position. If you need to bring your children they must be supervised at all times, and it is your responsibility to ensure they adhere to social distancing while on site.
As usual, dogs are not permitted on the farm, so please leave them at home.
QUIETER SHOPPING HOURS
There will be a limit to the number of people allowed in the barn at any time. During busy times this means there will be queues to get into the barn to choose your tree. You may prefer to shop at quieter times. This is a little hard to predict but the following days and times are usually less busy:
- Monday 30th November – Thursday 3rd December
- Monday 7th – Thursday 10th December
- Monday 14th December until closing
We strongly recommend coming during the week if you can, as weekdays are always less busy than weekends. Wherever possible, please consider shopping alone to reduce the number of people on site and help reduce queues.
Slamseys Farm is in Essex, next to the A131 between Braintree and Chelmsford and only forty miles from London. We have free parking and wheelchair access to the Christmas Tree Barn where hundreds of premium quality, fresh Christmas trees are displayed. The Christmas Tree Barn is open from Friday 27th November.